Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sir Ken Robinson

I completely agree with Sir Ken Robinson. I think that creativity in education is very important. I feel like a student can't get a complete education without having their creativity challenged. I believe that art, chorus, band, drama, etc are very important in education. I agree with him when he said, "All kids have tremendous talents but we squander them." I feel like exploring your creativity is just as important as English and Math.

I had no idea how schools everywhere are downgrading these departments. I understand that some schools may not have the funds for these departments but I think it is extremely sad that some students will never have the opportunities to explore their creativity. A way to help with this, is to have the parents and faculty make it known how important it is to have a way for students to express themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment