Sunday, November 29, 2009

Why Publish Sudents' Work to the Web?

I think it is very important to publish your students' work to the web for several reasons:



Take me for example. I had no idea what a big network blogging was until I enrolled into this class! Before this class, I had only ever used Facebook as a network and with facebook, you can only keep in touch with people you are friends with. I have experienced many things in this class but what has really stuck with me is the face that I have connected with people from all over the world and with people that I don't know! It is absolutely amazing where blogging can take you!! You can look at my blog here




Another example would be a little girl who knows more about technology than I do! With little Kaia it turned out to be an extraordinary thing for her when her father decided to publish his daughters work on the web. With all of the posts and pictures Kaia and her father have uploaded it has connected Kaia with people from all over the world including our EDM class! To see her blog click here




A third example would be a project we did called Comments4Kids. I especially liked this project because we were able to connect with young students from all over the world! Just think about this, when a child posts a video of them reading a book in New Zealand and they find a post written from a teenager or a twenty-something year old in the United States, think of how excited they would feel! To me, this excitement could be enough to encourage these young students to keep reading and to keep uploading their videos on the internet. This is very important to me because I feel like too many kids these days aren't reading enough because more and more kids have TV's and such in their rooms and cars that it's hard to find a place to read these days! It is also important because it is making these students want to upload new and different things and it keeps them interested in new and exciting projects. To see an example of a blog, click here

1 comment:

  1. You are like so many of us in this class, we get such encouragement and joy from seeing so many avenues of communication and the sharing of knowledge and entertainment from so many children.

    ReplyDelete