Sunday, November 29, 2009

ALEX


ALEX, an acronym for Alabama Learning Exchange, is a program developed by the State of Alabama's Department of Education to help teachers with all different sorts of things for their classrooms! You can do everything from looking up lesson plans to looking up Alabama Courses of Study(ALCOS). ALEX is such an amazing resource for teachers! It has many examples of lesson plans for every subject you study in school. There is also a tab called web links and it takes you to all sorts of links that are extremely valuable to all teachers. I liked the tab called Professional Learning because it sends you to a page where you can "find professional development opportunities, teaching and learning tools, the latest news, best practices and so much more!"

I think ALEX is such a great resource for all teachers and students who are in school learning how to be an effective teacher. Honestly I wish I had known about ALEX when I was creating my Teachers Portfolio last semester!! I looked up a lesson plan for third grade math for ideas to use with my third graders since they are having trouble in math and it actually helped a lot! This website was such a good idea to come up with and I plan on using it for the rest of my teaching career!!

You can look at the ALEX website by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment