Sunday, November 29, 2009

"This Is How We Dream" Mr. Miller

In part one of Mr. Miller's lecture, he went over the fundamental changes in today's reading and writing culture. He spoke about how important books are but how easy it is to find them online. He also showed how easy it was to write an article on the tragic Virginia Tech murders. I also liked how he showed how easy it was to keep in touch with his colleagues and even family.

In part two, Mr. Miller discussed producing multimedia on the web. I like how he made a comment about how it is easier to get the full effect of a story when there are pictures or videos; for example the whale hunt in Alaska.

Although I learned a lot from watching both parts of this video, I don't necessarily agree with him. Call me old fashioned, but I still read books and go to book stores to buy books. I actually read every night before I go to bed!

You can find Mr. Miller's videos here

No comments:

Post a Comment