Sunday, September 27, 2009

"What I've Learned This Year'' by Mr. McClung

I really enjoyed this blog. Out of all the blogs we have read in this class, this one spoke to me the most. It helped me a lot because he explained everything that we are all about to go through our selves. No one knows what will happen in the classroom and when Mr. McClung said, "NO LESSON IS EVER PERFECT. THE LESSON YOU TEACH AND THE ONE YOU PLAN ARE ALWAYS DIFFERENT" it really stuck with me. It's like when I'm with the 9 year olds I work with everyday, I try so hard to come up with ideas to help them and then when I explain it to them, something always goes wrong.

I also liked how no matter what topic he was talking about, his students' were always at the top of the list. As teachers, we do need to always keep our students' best interest on top because that is why we chose the career path we are in, we chose to become teachers so that we can make a difference. Well, if you don't have your students' best interest in mind, then how can you make a difference? I also liked how he said not to be afraid of technology. To be honest, I have been using computers for as long as I can remember and they still scare me! Thankfully with this semester, I am becoming a little less scared every week!

Some teachers have no idea how important it is to listen to your students. I had a teacher in high school who would listen to me and was always there for me whenever I needed to talk or just whenever. This woman is the reason I am in school to be a teacher. She had such a huge impact on my life that I want to someday return the favor and make a difference in someones life. I also agreed with Mr. McClung when he said that as teachers we must never stop learning. This is so true because if you just quit learning after you become a teacher, you're going to have some first grader show you up in class one day...how embarrassing!! I really enjoyed this blog and I feel like it will stick with me if not forever, then definitely until the last day of school of my first year!

2 comments: